Thursday, November 14, 2013

My Last Disney Post

Sadly this will be my last post from my time at Disney World. This one is going to be all about my time at the parks!

After our long drive to Florida Jen and I arrived to our hotel when it was dark outside. We were both exhausted, but quickly woke up. It was amazing!

 



We stayed at the Art of Animation Hotel. There are four different parts to the hotel. A Cars section, a Nemo section, a Lion King section, and a Little Mermaid section. After we got our keys and put our stuff in our room (which by the way was amazing, I should've taken pictures) we walked around the whole hotel to see everything.

We stayed in the Cars section, or the Cozy Cone as it is called in the movie! It literally looked like we were in the movie it was incredible.

Next was the Nemo Section.


Each section had these characters everywhere. They were so cute!



It was literally a little kid's heaven or for me a 21 year old's heaven!

The hotel had 3 pools, a gift shop, a food court, an arcade, and probably so much more!

After we had checked everything out Jen and I were still wide awake so we made a pit stop at the pool bar and got a couple yummy drinks :)


The first day of parks was spent at Animal Kingdom in the morning.


We got to meet Mickey and Minnie!



And Dug and Russel from UP!


Oh and I got engaged... to a dog... story of my life.


 It was here that I got some of the most exciting news of my life...


MY SISTER IS PREGNANT!!!! I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!! Ever since my sister and brother-in-law Trevor got married last September I've been bugging them to have a baby. I love babies, and I know they will make great parents. I am not an emotional person at all, but I started crying when I found out the news. She is due in the beginning of July and I cannot wait! I see a lot of trips up to Ohio in my future.

After Animal Kingdom we went to the ESPN Wide World of Sports for packet pick-up and to do some shopping at the expo. And then it was on to Hollywood Studios... No time for resting at Disney!


Once again I fail at taking pictures... Jen and I are the ones in the middle row on the left with our hands up. My aunt, uncle, and cousins are behind us. The Tower of Terror is one of my all time favorite rides. I always get so scared before we drop, but it is so much fun!

The next morning we got up for a 7:00 breakfast reservation at Chef Mickey's.



Can you tell we are exhausted? I could barely open my eyes for pictures, but the food was delicious! That girl in the picture with Donald and I is my pregnant sister :)

After Chef Mickey's we just chilled by the pool and rested until it was time for half marathon!

Sunday morning I woke up super sore and wasn't quite sure how I was going to walk around Magic Kingdom all day, but it is my favorite park so I had to!


Clearly I was too busy riding rides to take pictures but here is one of the castle and one of my mom with my wittle baby cousin! We were here from 9 AM to 11 PM, I don't know how I survived that long. We rode almost every single ride in the park, saw the parade with all the lights (I can't remember what it's called) and we watched the fireworks show in front of the castle!

My time at Disney was much too short! I love it there and was definitely sad to leave and return to the real world. I know we will be back in the future!

I also had a great surprise waiting for me when I returned to Wilmington...


Aren't my boys at STRIDE the sweetest? I know I've said this a million times, but I love coaching more than anything! I am so lucky to be a part of the GOTR and STRIDE organizations!


What is your favorite ride at Disney World?
What is your favorite park at Disney World?
Any tips for a soon to be Auntie :) ?




1 comment:

  1. Aw congrats for your sister! What a great place to tell you about it!! I think I'd be exhausted from that trip too- I don't know how you fit all that in AND ran a half marathon!

    ReplyDelete