Wednesday, November 20, 2013

FINALLY.

I finally got a run in today! After 11 excruciating days of not running I couldn't take it anymore and just went for it. My foot has been feeling better and I really wanted to try out my new compression sleeves- the only 2 excuses I needed to go! I knew this wasn't going to be a long run so I headed to one of my favorite parks near my apartment.



I love this park, but the loop that goes around it is only a little over a mile long so when I do my longer runs I have to go somewhere else. Today I just did an easy 2 mile run, it was very relaxing and enjoyable. I did have a little pain in my foot but nothing unbearable like it has been. I'm definitely going to keep resting and icing it though. Don't want to make it worse!


I had a couple hours of free time today which almost NEVER happens so I sat my butt on a bench at the park and caught up on all of my favorite blogs :) It was so relaxing.


I was really excited to go running if you couldn't tell... I also realized today that I don't match. ever. and I really don't care. I changed into a t-shirt after I took this picture and I'm glad I did because it was hot once I started running. It's still a whopping 65 degrees here in Wilmy. Another random fact about me: my socks never match, I feel like it's way too much work to find a matching pair and if I ever lose a sock it doesn't effect me! This drives all of my friends and family crazy, I really don't think it's that big of deal. 


Anywhooo after my run I made a quick trip to target and bought this very comfy sweater- this is the first non-running item of clothing I have bought in ages. I just love big sweaters and this is why fall is my favorite fashion season. I swear I have two arms even though it looks like I only have one in this picture. I never take selfies so I'm still trying to master the whole taking pictures of myself in the mirror thing. It's a talent that I clearly do not have! I also bought a new pair of khakis for work which was my main reason for going to Target but that's not as exciting.

After my quick shopping trip I ran home and ate some lunch and then headed out for GOTR practice. When the sun goes down the temperature drops fast, I was freezing by the end of practice! So now I am currently sitting on the couch wrapped up in a blanket and drinking hot chocolate. I don't plan on moving for the rest of the night.


Apparently today is National Hug a Runner Day. I have received zero hugs today, really feelin the love. merp. jk I would probably have a panic attack if people started hugging me, I'm not a touchy feely person AT ALL. I tend to accidentally punch and hit people if they touch me out of nowhere. Sorry not sorry. 


Now that is more like it ^^^

Do you prefer running in parks/running trails or on roads?
Are you a hug lover or hater?



 

4 comments:

  1. WAIT I hate people touching me too! Like hate it more than anything in the world, practically. I've been known to scream in shock. And then hit them. Whoops… oh, and I don't match my socks either ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just found your blog! Too cute! I run for cake, you run for cupcakes lol, we would probably be great friends :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anyone who likes cake is a friend of mine :) Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to reading and keeping up with your blog!

      Delete