Friday, December 20, 2013

'Twas the Week Before Christmas

'Twas the Week Before Christmas
 An original poem by Running For Cupcakes (aka me)

'Twas the week before Christmas and all through the town,
Not a sidewalk was shoveled, at even one house.
My laces were tied all tight and with care,
So outside to the roads I went running with dare.

Everyone else snuggled warm in their beds,
Were saying "what is that crazy girl doing?!" in their heads.
Running around the neighborhood for three freezing laps,
Had me ready to take a long winter's nap.

I thought it would be fun to run in the snow,
but there is a lot of things I did not know.
I kept hoping for the sun to appear,
So the ice could melt and the paths would be clear.

The low temperatures made me run quick,
I was worried I would get sick!
The miles passed by and the end finally came,
I looked up and saw my street name.

When I got home all my teeth could do was chatter,
I was so cold I was worried I would shatter.
Up to the hot shower I ran in a flash,
To thaw out from my quick winter dash.

Now I'm curled up all warm on the couch,
And I may be acting like a grouch.
Grumpy Courtney is not a pretty sight,
So Happy Holidays to all and to all a Goodnight!





10 comments:

  1. What a cute poem, and so creative!!! You should totally make this a meme on pinterest, I bet it would go viral in the running community!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I'm working on creating a thing for pinterest... I'm new at this haha!

      Delete
  2. This is awesome!!! You are so cute and clever! Happy Holidays to you lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're adorable, Courtney! Happy holidays <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessie! Happy Holidays to you as well!

      Delete
  4. So cute and so creative! I hope you have some warmer runs in your future! Merry Christmas Courtney!

    ReplyDelete