Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Turkey Trot Thoughts

Monica at Run Eat Repeat is putting on a fun challenge for the month of November. All you have to do is go to her blog and click on the link to sign up for the Pile on the Miles Challenge. Basically you set a goal for how many miles you want to run/walk/bike/etc. in the month of November. If you check in on certain dates you will be entered in to win a bunch of cool prizes! Everyone should go sign up! With the holidays and all the yummy foods that come with them approaching, this is the perfect thing to keep us on track! I set my goal for 60 miles, but I'm hoping I will be able to exceed that. Go sign up before it's too late!!

I have 13.1 miles guaranteed from my half marathon, and I just learned that my mom signed us up for a 5k Turkey Trot when I go back to Ohio for Thanksgiving! Last year we ran our first ever Turkey Trot together down here in Wilmington, because my parents were nice enough to come and visit me for Thanksgiving. This year I wasn't so lucky and will be traveling back home to chilly Ohio- I'm not sure I'm ready for the cold yet! I am looking forward to keeping the Turkey Trot tradition going with her though!

I've heard a lot of people say they run the Turkey Trot so that they can eat more at Thanksgiving dinner. I for one HATE Thanksgiving food. I know, I know I'm crazy or un-American or something like that, I've heard it all. I just really don't enjoy the turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, or pies. I can go pretty hard on some mashed potatoes though, but other than that I really don't like anything else. So what I'm getting at here is that I run the Turkey Trot for pure fun. I really truly enjoy getting up early and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and running a 5k. It is a tradition that I hope will be passed on for a very long time.

The Turkey Trot I am running is called the Tree City Turkey Trot and it is taking place in Kent, OH. If anyone lives near there and wants to run it with my mom and I we would love for you to join us! You can register here! Early bird registration ends November 22nd and it is $15 for Kent residents and $20 for non-residents. Everyone who participates get a long-sleeve t-shirt also. Come on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment