Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween Sunday Social

I'm trying a Sunday Social for the first time thanks to Neely!

I am very excited about this Sunday Social because I love Halloween and all things scary! Scary movies are my favorite and I love how they play all of the classics like Halloween, and Nightmare on Elm Street on TV this time of year. I also love the not-so-scary Halloween movies like Hocus Pocus!

So here we go...

1. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a kid?
 The costume that is sticking out in my memory is Dorothy. I loved the Wizard of Oz growing up, so of course I wanted to be Dorothy. I had the sparkly ruby red speakers, and a stuffed toto in a basket! My mom didn't mess around when it came to costumes.

2. If you could go back to your childhood and dress up as something, what would it be?
  I would want to dress up as Boo from Monsters Inc. I would've made the perfect Boo, but unfortunately Monsters Inc. wasn't around when I was little.

3. What was your favorite Halloween costume as an adult?
Like I said I really liked the Wizard of Oz and clearly I still do...

(well this is awkward, I was going to post a picture of me from 2 years ago dressed up as Dorothy, but I can't find ANY pictures sooo just imagine me as an adult Dorothy)

My costume this year is definitely going to be my favorite, but I haven't worn it yet so I can't officially say it is my favorite!

4. What is your favorite Halloween candy?
Twizzlers are my all time favorite candy, but Reese pumpkins are a close second!

5. What is your favorite Halloween memory?
This is tough, mainly because I have an awful memory. I always used to love dressing up and playing Halloween games when I was in elementary school. At the end of the day we would have a parade and walk around the school while our parents took millions of pictures.

6. What is your favorite scary movie?
My favorite scary movie is definitely Halloween because it is such a classic. Only the old version though, the new version just isn't the same. I know this isn't in the question but my least favorite scary movie is the grudge. I watched this with a bunch of friends for the first time when I was in 7th grade and I still have nightmares to this day. I am TERRIFIED of the grudge and that terrible noise it makes.

Stay tuned for my awesome Halloween costume later this week! 
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am terrified of The Grudge too! I actually am more scared of The Ring but I saw both in theaters and still have nightmares about them both to this day! Last year I stupidly watched The Grudge 2 on TV and uggh, it was terrible but still scared the pants off me!

    - Lauren @ anothermomanotherblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I definitely watched the Grudge 2 but I think I had my face covered the whole time because I don't remember a thing! The Ring was pretty scary too with the whole "you're going to die in 7 days" after watching it. I used to have long brown hair so naturally I would put it in front of my face and pretend to be the girl from The Ring (Samara was her name, I think). I'm so glad I'm not the only one terrified by the Grudge!

      Delete
  2. Favorite Halloween Costume was when I was Snow White in kindergarten. My grandma sewed it from a pattern and it took so much time to make, but it was perfect. It got passed around over the years and I have no idea where it is now. I wish I still had it.

    I hate scary movies and the only Halloween-ish movies I kind of like is Casper and Twitches...haha. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete