Friday, December 13, 2013

Love Where You Live

I feel like I've been posting so late in the day recently... plans just keep popping up unexpectedly and I've been pretty busy the past few days, but I am not complaining. I'm one of those people who has issues sitting still (I think that's why I like running so much, it gives me an excuse to move!)

I know I've talked about how much I love where I live before, but today is one of those days where I am feeling extra, extra blessed to live where I do. Last night one of my friends asked me to go out to the Beach Bars (another perk of living where I do) with him. I politely declined because I knew I wanted to go running this morning, and that is exactly what I did! But first breakfast because it is the most important meal of the day!


Oats with almond butter and cinnamon! After breakfast I got dressed and ready to run! It was 50 degrees today which in my opinion is the perfect running temp! Not too hot and not too cold! I headed to my favorite running spot of course, the Wrightsville Beach Loop and just ran! No apps on my phone to track my pace or anything, just a nice relaxing fun run!



 And after 5 miles I ended up on the beach. It was such a gorgeous day! I feel the need to mention that none of these pictures have filters, it was beautiful. I really don't know if I can live away from the beach again. It's where I go when I need to getaway from everything and clear my head. The quote "The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea" kept going through my head. 


After my run I stopped by work to get my paycheck. Woop, woop payday! Some of my friends that I work with were there also eating some lunch and getting ready to go shopping. I work in an outdoor shopping center/mall with lots of fun shops. Below is a bad picture of what it looks like. When they asked me to join them I couldn't say no- I love shopping way too much. We walked around a few stores like Williams and Sonoma and Francesca's. I for once showed self control and didn't buy anything! Mainly because I need to save money to go shopping for Christmas presents, which yes I have not started at all!


After running and shopping I was STARVING! I went home and made some whole wheat pasta with tomato sauce and green beans. It was delicious. So delicious that I ate it all before taking a picture- whoops!

Now I am trying to convince myself to get ready for a party I'm supposed to go to tonight. A bunch of people from work are getting together one last time before a lot of us leave for the holidays! It should be a lot of fun!

Question of the Day
Where do you live and why do you love it?


4 comments:

  1. I wish I could live on the beach.Your views are so beautiful! I live in New England, and love it because all of my family is here, and I have the perfect job, but I do wish we could have no winter here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a bunch of friends from New England who came down here for school and are going back up after graduation! I think they're crazy but they miss the cold weather haha! The one thing I do miss about living up north is seeing the leaves change during fall.

      Delete
  2. I miss living by the beach. I live in Houston right now, at least an 1.5-2 hrs away from Galveston beaches, which aren't so pretty lol! But I love Houston because of the running community, all the Christmas lights to go see, and also during the summer, they have a theatre under the stars that puts on shows for free! You get to bring a picnic and blanket and sit on the grass and enjoy the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Houston sounds really nice, and the outdoor theatre sounds like so much fun!

      Delete