Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Running Bug

I caught the running bug again! Not that I ever actually lost it completely, but it definitely was not as strong as it normally is. Ever since my experience at the Wine and Dine Half Marathon I've been hesitant to run. I was scared to hurt my foot even more, and I honestly just didn't feel like running for a while. I think that was good for me- everyone needs a break every once in a while. Yesterday morning I woke up and I could just tell that today was the day I was going to run and I was going to like it!


So after I got home from class I threw on my favorite shirt and headed to the Wrightsville Beach Loop (my favorite running loop). I got in an easy 4 miles at about a 9:45 pace, it felt so good! I did have pain in both of my feet afterwards, but I know that is because I need new shoes soo bad. I caved and ordered these puppies when I got home...


They are the Mizuno Wave Rider 16's. I know the 17's just came out, but these were on sale and I'm on a budget. I can't wait to get them and I am hoping this will solve all of the pain I am having in my feet! It's my first pair of Mizuno's, but I have heard great things about them- hoping they treat me well!



I then realized that I had an itch to run another race. I wanted to do a 10k this time, but didn't see any good ones close to Wilmington so I decided to register for the Beethoven 15k! I didn't start to feel bad until mile 10 during my half marathon so I figured I'd be safe with this distance :) I convinced my running buddy Jen to run it with me and if anyone else is interested here is the website. Right now it's only $30 and the price increases to $35 on December 16th. You get a t-shirt, medal, and there's a party at the end with free food and beer (why I'm really running). If you live near here you should definitely run it with us! Or if you don't live near but would like to visit NC for a weekend you should do that too!

So until my new shoes arrive I will be taking short, easy runs. Today I will just be running 3.1 miles during our mock 5k at Stride. Basically a practice round for the boys before the real thing, I'm excited to see how they do! The real 5k for both my boys and girls is next Saturday- it's going to be so much fun!


This is completely random but I was browsing Pinterest this morning and found this shirt. I could not stop laughing! I sent this picture to 2 of my best friends who are also as single as I am because I knew they would appreciate it. Who needs boyfriends when there's Christmas cookies?!


Questions of the Day

Opinions on the Wave Rider 16s?!? (please please please tell me you like them) I'm kidding be honest :)

Do you have any big races coming up?
 


 

2 comments:

  1. I used to love Mizunos! Great shoe, and I wore the wave inspires. Switched to saucony because I wanted more of a minimal shoe, but definitely would go back to Mizuno!

    I saw a lot of bloggers who posted about the wine and dine half...I think this needs to be added to my running bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney, Thanks for visiting our blog and entering our giveaway for the Xfinity fitness band. Neither of us have tried the Wave Riders yet so we can't give an opinion, sorry! But everyone who has tried them has said they liked them!

    ReplyDelete