Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Break

I know I've been MIA for a while. I had the intention of blogging while I was home, but I decided to enjoy the little time that I had with my family while I was there. So here is what I did over break in pictures and very little words!



I played with my kitty Meeko the second I got home. I missed him sooo much! All of my flights were on time so I spent the rest of the day at home catching up with my mom and playing with all of the animals!

My cool gloves that I wore during the Turkey Trot!







The next morning we got up to run the Turkey Trot. I'm not gonna lie it was pretty miserable. The whole trail was pure ice and snow and it was 18 degrees- not my ideal racing conditions. I don't even know my time because they didn't have chips in our bibs and the clock started before I crossed the starting line. Oh well! It was fun... I guess. Our dog Zoe wanted to be in all of our after pictures!


After the race my mom and I rewarded ourselves with coffee and a donut from Dunkin. I chose caramel coffee and a blueberry cake donut. Both were soo yummy!




Then it was time to start preparing everything for Thanksgiving dinner. I was in charge of making the banana bread and these Turkey cookies that my mom found on Pinterest. The cookies don't look very good but they tasted wonderful! And as for the banana bread... I think it was the best loaf I've made yet!

Thanksgiving is not my favorite holiday food wise. I pretty much only eat green beans, mashed potatoes, and banana bread. I wish I wasn't such a picky eater but unfortunately I am! There is no way I could ever eat the Turkey after seeing it being cut and stuff... ick!!

My mom and I did a little Black Friday shopping which of course I have no pictures of (oops)


Saturday started with another caramel coffee. Thanks mom!


Then I met up with my friend Kaitlynn at Panera and got some yummy Broccoli Cheddar soup.


After Panera I went home to help my mom and sister decorate one of our Christmas trees. We have two in my house and every year my mom, sister, and I get together to decorate the "fun" tree. This is the tree that we put colored lights and all of our fun ornaments on. We have another really pretty tree with white lights and crystals that my mom does on her own. Pictures of both to come later! Oh and of course Meeko had to help us decorate.


For my last night at home we went to a new Mexican restaurant in town. They make fresh guacamole at your table which was super cool and all the food was delicious. My favorite thing was of course the margaritas. I got a frozen blue curacao margarita and boy do they make these things strong!

Now I am back in Wilmington for 2 weeks to take finals and finish up my coaching with GOTR. Then I am headed back to Ohio for Christmas!!

Happy Sunday!


1 comment: