Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Just wanted to give a shout out to a couple of my best friends that have been there with me through the ups and downs of my running journey.

First is one of my best friends Kaitlynn. She supported me and gave me advice when I had doubts on my abilities. She was my workout buddy from day one, and would always have new fun workouts for us to do on my cross-training days. Without her I would not be as strong as I am today. She is also one of the strongest people I know and I feel very blessed to call her my friend.

Second, is my bestest friend in the whole wide world Renee. She was my number one cheerleader throughout my training for my first half-marathon. She listened to all of my bitching and complaining and was just always there for me. I would not be who I am today without her in my life. I am so excited to run the Color me Rad 5k with her in October!

Last but not least is Jen. Jen trained with me for the princess half marathon from beginning to end even though she was not running it with me. She kept me motivated and even dragged my lazy ass out of bed to go running on a few occasions. I can honestly say I would not have finished the race if it were not for Jen. I do not know how to thank her enough, but I am very excited to say that she is going to Disney and running the Wine and Dine Half with me! I think we are more excited than most little kids to go to Disney World. November cannot come soon enough!

I love you guys so much and just wanted to say from the bottom of my heart, Thank you.

Love,
Court


No comments:

Post a Comment