Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Disney Princess Half Marathon

As I prepare for my second Disney Half Marathon,  I can't help but think back on the memories that the first  one brought me. First of all I just casually mentioned to my mom that I would love to run the Disney Princess Half, I never thought she would take it seriously. 2 months after mentioning it I had successfully suckered my mom and uncle into registering for the race with me (Princes are allowed too). Now comes the hard part training... the farthest I had ran during a training run before the race was 9 miles. Needless to say I was very nervous. I honestly did not think I could get through 13.1 miles alive. 2 hours and 40 minutes later I was crossing the finishing line with a HUGE smile on my face. I have to thank the magic of Disney for getting me through the race. It was a slow one, but I finished and that is all that matters!





No comments:

Post a Comment